Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.
~ J. Howes
New feature for this blog – in order to keep myself accountable, and build community, I will be posting every Monday with my goals for the week and a summary of how I did the previous week. These goals will be mostly writing/reading oriented, but I will also include some other art-related ones.
Of course, this week is also the beginning of September, which means I also have several goals for the month!
For the month of September:
- Finish the final edit of my novel Rebellion. (Not including final proofreading stage.)
- Organize and edit my collection of short stories as a collection.
- Keep up with the blog posting schedule I have for the month (4 posts minimum per week).
- The House of the Seven Gables, by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Othello, by William Shakespeare
- Dragonflight, by Anne McCaffrey
- The Bride, by Julie Garwood
- Of Poseidon, by Anna Banks
- The Lost Prince, by Julie Kagawa
- The Education of Horse and Rider (studying project: work through sections I through IV)
- Have at least 1 piano lesson with my old teacher.
- Further information and other personal goals.
For this week:
- Print off at least part of my manuscript of Rebellion to start editing on.
- Pick up books at the library.
- Read The House of the Seven Gables.
- Schedule a time with my piano teacher.
- Start reading my short stories again and making notes.
- And, obviously, write my 4 blog posts for this week (this is one!).
Do you enjoy making goals? What are some of your goals for this week, or even the month of September? I would love to read your comments and/or your own post on the subject!